Sandra Laura - PayPal Scam from a Nigerian
PayPal Scam from a Nigerian
74 Ogunmuyiwa Street
Ijeshatedo, Surulere Nationwide 23401
I'm selling my Jewelleries online through bxxsell.com, and there was a Lady who E-mailed me, and said she came accross to my Ads, and found very intersting, she would like to buy all of my jewelleries and have to send to a friend of her lives in Nigeria to the following address:
74 ogunmuyiwa street
She doesn't even live in the same city as I do, and I did rejected her once and said I would like to sell it to someone in my local area, she keeps saying she already has the fund ready, and asked me to give her my E-mail address so she'll send the Fund.
So I called to Paypal, and confirmed with them about some Fees, I'm telling the Agent about the lady asking me to send the Products to Nigeria, she told me there is some scam going on right now, asking the seller send the products to South Africa, and those scam normally will pick the person who is not using E-bay to sell their Products. She told me that the buyer will agreed to pay the money before having me to send the products, but they'll need to have the Parcel Tracking # before the fund is release. So I confirmed with the Agent, as long as I log in to my account through PayPal.ca, and make sure I received the Fund, then the transaction is not a scam, otherwise it is a scam. And she confirmed YES!
So I send an E-mail back to the Buyer, and she said she'll send me the money through PayPal the next morning.
And I really received an E-mail have the name saying <a href="mailto:Service@paypal.com">Service@paypal.com</a>, however if you look at the E-mail address, that's not Paypal's E-mail address. So I didn't send my products.
And thank you for the Agent from PayPal, although I will still log in to my Account and make sure the fund is received before I send out my products, but I will definately waste a lot of time to go checking the shipping cost and take all the pictures for her.
There is a few point that you need to beaware of:
1) They NEVER bargain the price
2) They will get whatever you got from your Hand
3) When they send the money, it looks like the E-mail is come from Paypal.com, but they are actually from another E-mail address, Make sure you check that.
4) Make sure you don't use the hyperlink from the E-mail that they provided to check if the fund is received, If they are a professional Scammer, they will set up your Account in there, looks like PayPal account, which to show you received the fund, Open a New Tab, type in PayPal.com, and log in in there, that way, you'll know exactly if the fund is really in your account.
5) PayPal won't hold funds, they you can only file a Dispute if there is something wrong with the Transaction, they will never ask you to provide the Tracking # before you received the Fund.
Opps, I think I should post the Scammer's E-mail Address too:
sandra laura (<a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>)
Good Luck Guys, Don't get Scam.
WAS THIS REPORT HELPFUL?